Lead Software Developer
Proquest/ebrary
Palo Alto

We seek a skilled Java lead software developer with 5-10 years industry
experience to join us in expanding our application base, and help broaden our
reach into new markets.

Our products support complex content aggregation, sophisticated business
models, streaming document delivery, and unique user interaction. They are
delivered as fully virtualized and cloud-based services with particular
emphasis on automated deployment and management techniques, rooted in our core
development processes.

Duties and Responsibilities:

• This is a hands-on position, requiring solid design and coding skills and
strong technical communications.

You must have at least 5-10 years significant experience as a software
engineer in a formal product development environment.

• You must have implemented successful solutions to a variety of challenges in
design and coding, functionality and usability, scalability and optimization.

Your technical skills must be solid and current, and appropriate to the
environment we describe.

Qualifications:

We require that you demonstrate experience in advanced Java application
development, beyond the construction of simple servlets and jsp's, and
including sophisticated services and business logic. We will look particularly
closely for experience and skill in the following areas:

• Bachelors' degree plus 5-10 years related experience, or equivalent
combination of education and experience.

• Experience in spring and Hibernate.

• Experience in integration frameworks like spring integration, apache camel

• Experience with standard Java web application frameworks such as Spring MVC,
Struts, etc.

• Experience with HTML5, CSS, AJAX / DHTML and the more JavaScript experience
the better, including JavaScript frameworks such as jQuery, Prototype, or
Dojo.

• Experience working effectively in a team environment as a strong
collaborative player.

• Excellent written communication skills, including production of subsystem
overview documentation and designs.

• Able to listen and evaluate all opinions without bias, and contribute to a
common culture of excellence.

Other important information about this position:

• This position is typically based in the Palo Alto office and may be
appropriate for full or partial remote work, subject to approval.

• Occasional travel is required.

• This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some
scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.

• Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to
make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to
perform essential duties when possible.

The preceding job description is not intended to describe in detail the
multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide a general
overview of the expectations and responsibilities of this position. As the
nature of business demands change, so may the functions of this position.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.

Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/10832/