ILS Administrator
Edmonton Public Library
Edmonton

****ILS Administrator** - Information Technology Services Division
Edmonton Public Library**

Job Number: 15374

_This is a 12 month temporary position._

**Make your favourite place your workplace!**
Are you committed to going the extra distance to make a difference? Do you
enjoy libraries? The Edmonton Public Library (EPL) is looking for an
Integrated Library System (ILS) Administrator to support our delivery of
innovative and responsive library services.

EPL's Integrated Library System is an enterprise information management system
supporting core library services, such as lending, customer account
management, tracking holdings, cataloguing of print, audiovisual and digital
collections, indexing and inventory management. The
Integrated Library System Administrator Team is responsible for the operation
of the Integrated Library System including configuration, upgrades, service
enhancements, daily operations and support.

As an ILS Administrator, you will work collaboratively with staff and external
partners to ensure that service objectives are met in a timely, efficient, and
cost effective manner. Ideally, you are passionate about learning and applying
new and enhanced technological developments to our library environment.

**Key responsibilities of this position include:**

  * Daily operation of EPL's ILS service and related modules. Plan, coordinate, and implement service changes (workflow user accounts, configurations, upgrades, scripts, policies, service enhancements, external interfaces, etc).
  * Develop, maintain, enhance, and troubleshoot customized scripts and processes to enhance application processes and services.
  * Collaborate with the ILS Team to research and develop options to solve issues and improve processes and services.
  * Create and maintain documentation of procedures, processes and application configurations.
  * Investigate issues and enquiries from staff regarding the ILS database, log files and error messages.
  * Offer advice and make recommendations on aspects of technology such as architecture, database management, specific vendor solutions, network resources, etc.

**Job Requirements:**

  * A related degree from a recognized post-secondary institution or an equivalent combination of related diploma and work experience is required.
  * A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in client application systems support, planning, analysis, implementation, and maintenance in a Microsoft and/or Unix environment is required.
  * A minimum of two years of experience in supporting a Unix based server application is required.
  * Experience with Unix shell scripting, Unix command line tools and Perl and/or similar tools is required.
  * Experience with SirsiDynix's Symphony Integrated Library System is an asset.
  * Working experience with SQL in a distributed architecture is an asset.

**What do you need to bring to this position?**

  * • Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
  * • Effective verbal and written communication, including interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
  * • Strong customer service orientation and the ability to work effectively with staff and customers alike within a dynamic environment.
  * • Effective organizational, prioritizing and multi-tasking skills.
  * • Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
  * • Project management (including familiarity with ITIL framework).
**Who we are:**
The secret ingredient for making EPL a magical place is no secret at all; in
fact, it's very simple: We share. We share stories, ideas and experiences. We
share with our customers, our communities, and ourselves. We are Edmonton's
largest lender of all manner of information and entertainment.

**Hours of Work**
35 of hours per week - occasional evenings and weekend
shifts.

**Salary**
Pay Band 7 - $39.26 to $50.11 per hour.

Approximately $71,728 - $91,550 per annum based on a 35 hour work week.

**How to Apply:** Please visit [www.epl.ca/jobs](http://www.epl.ca/jobs) to apply for this position. Only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.

Total Hours per Week: 35

Classification Title: Professional Services 4

Posting Date: Nov 29, 2013

Closing Date: Dec 13, 2013

Number of Openings (up to): 1 - Temporary Full-time

Union: CSU 52

Department: Information Technology (Edmonton Public Library)

Work Location(s):

Information Technology Services, Stanley A. Milner Library, 4th Floor, 7 Sir
Winston Churchill Square, Edmonton T5J 2V4

Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/10865/