>So be warned, you may need to add this to your software too.

One of these that may cause problems in some systems (including the ones we use; hopefully our customers' systems deal with it more appropriately) is the character used in the middle of [1],  the Extended Roman "alif" character" which was changed to "ʼ" in 2005 [2], though I only saw that code in bibliographic and authority records starting around April of 2013, about the same time as NAR n 79046204 was updated (I don't believe those were related events, though). Some systems aren't able to translate the &#x02bc to the appropriate ' (apostrophe) character, making searching for things with that character more challenging.

[1] http://lccn.loc.gov/n79046204
[2] http://www.loc.gov/marc/marbi/2005/2005-05.html

Thank you,

Bryan Baldus