For those of you who do literature searches for patrons, here is a custom EndNote style that can generate a Word document which displays full text links in the output.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2014679/customlinktodoi.ens

To make this work, customize the style so that it follows your local institution's OpenURL syntax, and, of course, be sure to get bibliographic records from authoritative sources like MEDLINE or Web of Knowledge. (Those are the only two I've tried this out on so far.)

If anyone has ideas for improving this further, please let me know, and I'll update the file.

thanks,
Paul

Paul Albert
Project Manager, VIVO