Lisa,

Those are terrible experiences. If that's what happens at where you work,
then you should certainly change jobs. No one deserves treatment as you
describe. I will not lower this discussion to address your personal attacks.

As I look around me, all my full-time co-workers are very well-respected,
fairly-paid (and just so happens... all female) professionals. No-one does
anything to be disrespectful to anyone. It's a great place to work for
everyone. That's what everyone deserves. Anything else
is totally unacceptable. Scholarships don't effect behavior like
that, management does.

My point about scholarships is only that no one deserves more help simply
by virtue of sex or race. People need help because they actually need help,
and they should be given equal consideration regardless of ethnic
background, gender or sexual orientation.

Giving economic help to people who need economic help is fair. I believe
that paying for only certain arbitrary classes of people to go to an event
does not change disparities, it's just discriminatory.

Dan