On Nov 8, 2013, at 11:14 AM, Ethan Gruber wrote:

> On the same note, I've had good experiences with using adore djatoka to
> render jpeg2000 files. Maybe something better has since come along. I'm out
> of touch with this type of technology.

For zoomable image rendering (from JPEG2000 or TIFF), you may also want to look at

IIP Image Server: http://iipimage.sourceforge.net/
Loris: https://github.com/pulibrary/loris (from Jon Stroop @ Princeton)

Djatoka is still widely used, but does not enjoy a robust or active development / support community. This web page may have some useful links for the curious:

	http://iiif.io/apps-demos.html

- Tom

PS. At DLF this week, there was also a presentation on Mirador, a multi-up windowing environment for viewing and comparing images from different repositories. It might be a nice complement to an exhibits environment.