Ok, I work with Enterprise IT and I don't think about privacy all that much because at my school nothing can (even SSL) can prevent us from monitoring the users gear. In code4libs sitchuatation I do see a need for SSL and would be more than happy to contribute to the cost of the cert.
 for the implementation I highly recommend DigiCert's SSL  Plus option, it provides a wildcard,
*. example.com, and example.com (this is what we use at my school to secure our exchange server).
Sorry for my lapse in judgement, I forgot completely about the privacy side of things only focusing on security!

Riley Childs
Library Director and IT Admin
Junior
Charlotte United Christian Academy
P: 704-497-2086 (Anytime)
P: 704-537-0331 x101 (M-F 7:30am-3pm ET)

Sent from my iPhone
Please excuse mistakes