The University of Michigan Library <http://www.lib.umich.edu/> is
transforming the way libraries organize, preserve, and share access to
knowledge in service of the mission of one of the world’s leading research
universities. We seek two forward-thinking, collaborative, mission-driven,
and innovative Associate University Librarians (AUL) to join the library’s
leadership team, reporting to the Dean of Libraries.

Associate University Librarian for Library Information
Technology<http://www.lib.umich.edu/library-information-technology%20>(LIT)

The AUL for LIT will lead the development of information technology in
support of the university’s current and emerging research needs, and the
advancement of scholarly literacy and instructional technologies. To direct
the development, management, and maintenance of a flexible and reliable
technology environment, the AUL for LIT will lead 60 talented staff members
in six units: Core Services, Digital Library Production Services, Learning
Technology Incubation Group, Library Systems, User Experience, and Web
Systems. The AUL for LIT must possess the technical and conceptual
knowledge to represent the library in broad conversations about IT, and
advance the campus-wide development of emerging instructional technologies
as well as systems to enable emerging research needs, including the
management and preservation of data.

Associate University Librarian for
Publishing<http://www.publishing.umich.edu/> and
Director, University of Michigan Press <http://www.press.umich.edu/>

The AUL for Publishing will lead our unique library-based publishing
enterprise, which comprises a broad range of print and online publications
and publishing services, and whose premier imprint is the University of
Michigan Press. Toward the shared goal of ensuring that the benefits of
scholarship accrue to everyone, the AUL for Publishing will lead 50
talented staff members in seven units: Editorial, Marketing and Outreach,
Publishing Production and Fulfillment, Publishing Technology,
Administrative Services, Copyright, and Deep Blue (U-M’s institutional
repository). Our new AUL for Publishing will have a deep understanding of
the rapidly changing landscape of scholarship and scholarly publishing, and
a commitment to exploration and experimentation to fulfill our mission to
publish, disseminate, and preserve the scholarly conversation in an
expansive variety of formats and modes.

We are searching for professionals with a deep understanding of the myriad
and changing roles of the library, who view publishing and information
technology as integral to our mission, and who can excel within the context
of a world-class research university. Because we are committed to
diversity, we ask our leaders to develop and nurture the individual and
collective skills to recognize, celebrate, and deploy difference as a path
to engagement, innovation, and the generation of new ideas. More
information is available at: http://tinyurl.com/UMLib-AUL-LIT and
http://tinyurl.com/UMLib-AUL-Pub. Submit nominations or questions to: