Hi all,

I also want to apologize for missing the call. I have a few thoughts to add:

I agree with the important points that Linda has made. On the final point, regarding metadata capture - this question in general should also be addressed. Options for how/where metadata related to fixity is stored, how it is updated, retained, etc. Should you retain outcome of all fixity checks, time/date, outcome regardless of whether good/bad? Only bad? Should this information be stored separately from your other preservation metadata? What are the options/trade offs?

Finally, is there a Google Doc where this info is being collected/edited? I only see the Word Doc, which is probably getting hard to manage with the inputs coming through via email.

Hope to join you on the next call, and looking forward to working on this project.

Thanks,
Kara

Kara Van Malssen
AudioVisual Preservation Solutions