Hi all,
Cathy and I wanted to give you a heads up on some upcoming sessions the Content Working Group will have focusing on the National Agenda Content Areas (see http://digitalpreservation.gov/ndsa/nationalagenda/index.html for the full report). Our speakers will talk about the some of the issues and problems/barriers with capturing and preserving each kind of content highlighted in the agenda, and how their institutions and others have been tackling some of the problems.

12/4/13 Web and Social Media ( Speakers Kris Carpenter @IA, Abbie Grotke @LC)

1/8/14 Electronic Records (Speaker Glen McAninch, Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives, additional speakers tbd)

3/5/14 Moving Image and Sound (speakers tbd)

4/2/14 Research Data (speakers tbd)

All sessions will be at 11am-12pm ET. We encourage any interested NDSA members to join us on these calls --  please mark your calendars! Webex instructions and additional details will be shared closer to the dates.

We are in the process of booking speakers for the 2014 sessions; if you have any suggestions or would like to speak on a particular topic that relates to the above areas, please pass them along to Abbie at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Happy Thanksgiving,

Abbie Grotke and Cathy Hartman
Co-Chairs, Content Working Group

Abbie Grotke | Web Archiving Team Lead | Office of Strategic Initiatives
National Digital Information Infrastructure and Preservation Program | Library of Congress
http://www.loc.gov/webarchiving/ | http://www.digitalpreservation.gov<http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/>
202-707-2833 | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | @agrotke