On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 3:54 PM, Cary Gordon <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> My key point, and likely the only point of note is: "Your library stats should tell the tale of how folks are getting there."
>
> While these data won't necessarily lead to great predictions of future behavior, as the institution might unintentionally (or intentionally) blocking some desirable access, they should give some empirical evidence of what is happening now.
>
> Cary

I don't disagree with you. But stats are not enough. The difficulty
lies (lays?) that we have organic findability before the semester
starts, then we teach info lit classes for 2-3 solid months where we
are direct going to the URIs which then spikes AND skews the data,
hence the problem of using stats.

Now if you have method to separate organic fundability from our
teaching classes so I have a better/bigger picture of how people are
finding us, I'm all ears.

Lisa M. Rabey | @pnkrcklibrarian
An Unreliable Narrator: http://exitpursuedbyabear.net
Cunning Tales from a Systems Librarian: http://lisa.rabey.net