On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 1:27 PM, Miles Fidelman
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Then again, how many university libraries can't be found by
> library.<institution>.edu

I asked the network people at one of my institutions why it was
lib.name.edu and not library.name.edu, and was told the
library.name.edu was orignally slated for the library school, then it
was used for internal use only for computer naming schemea for the
universities library system, not for web services.

I don't agree library.name.edu should be a standard, but do agree
whatever web services topography is deployed it should be consistant
with that institutions layout.

-Lisa

Lisa M. Rabey | @pnkrcklibrarian
An Unreliable Narrator: http://exitpursuedbyabear.net