Hi,

I was poking around in MARC4J over the break and I was intrigued by the
setId()/getId() functions on many of the classes.  The documentation says
they're intended to provide a unique number for persistence (vs. hashCode()
which wouldn't necessarily be unique).  I see it was added to the codebase
back in 2006 -
http://marc4j.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=606&dsMessageId=773835

I was just curious if people are using these functions and what they are
using them for.  I'm still working my way through the code, but the methods
I've seen don't include an implementation of how to generate those Longs
(it may be there and I just haven't stumbled across it yet).

Just curious about actual real world uses...

Thanks,
Kevin