From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ben
Companjen
Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2013 11:30 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] Metadata generator (was: Lorem Ipsum metadata? Is
there such a thing?)

The MODS schema, like any other schema, defines elements and their contents
(via contentTypes), so a processor could infer that <modsCollection> is the
only element that is not part of any element's contentType[*]. I'm thinking
of creating an XSL stylesheet (or maybe an
XQuery) that finds these elements in a schema. It would find
<modsCollection>, but not <mods>.
The (few) generators that I looked at seem to take an element name to use as
root as a parameter. That makes the generators more flexible and in the MODS
example lets you create a single MODS record without a collection.

Groeten van Ben

[*] within the same schema at least; I could create a schema that has a
<modsCollectionCollection> element that takes <modsCollection> as content.
:)