On 12/17/13 1:46 PM, Lisa Rabey wrote:
> I'm with Lisa in that when checking out other institutions, I check to
> see how many clicks it takes to get to the library, and if it is not
> immediately on the landing page of the college OR at least a drop down
> link from a parent portal, I start becoming Judgey McJudgepants on
> that institution. Because If I'm a librarian, and I can't find it, I
> cannot even begin to imagine how their students can get to their own
> library.

Hmm, this sounds weird to say, but it never occured to me that most
students would start from the institutional home page, or really ever
visit the institutional home page at all. Largely because most
institutional home pages are nearly useless for current affiliates of
the institution, but are instead perhaps marketting brochures for
prospectives.

I wonder how many students or other current affiliates actually start at
institutional home pages how often.