The extraction and ingestion seem like two different coins.

Lots of tools can extract. exiftool, or imagemagick, or whatever can
extract the data.

Question then is how and where to insert it into the system you are using.

So, not a pipedream. Indeed extraction is very possible.

The harder part might be figuring out how or where to store the data in
your system.

Then, assuming it's relevant, how/where your system actually displays or
uses the data.

Depending on your system, that's where the pipedream question comes into
play, I think.

Patrick