Hi Lauren,

Depending on the number and complexity of your data sources, I
recommend that you consider deploying an ETL system (ETL stands for
"Extract, Transform, Load"). There are a few open source and free of
cost frameworks on market, notably Pentaho's Kettle (see
http://community.pentaho.com/index.html).

ETL frameworks provide several useful sub-systems e.g., logging,
database adapters, error handling, deduplication, GUI, XML, etc.

Once deployed, you can quickly create a reliable "Extract from Banner",
"Transform by merging with other data and cleansing", and "Loading into
the ILS".

matt

>>> Lauren Magnuson <[log in to unmask]> 12/16/2013 12:17 PM >>>
Hello,

If anyone is willing to share an example of a script/process you are
using
to extract patron data from Banner (can be for any ILS, but I'm
specifically interested in a script that's being used to generate
either
XML or tab-delimited data) I would appreciate it!

If you happen to be extracting patron data from Banner into XML format
required by OCLC WMS, I'm especially interested.

Thanks,

Lauren Magnuson

--
Systems & Emerging Technologies Librarian, CSUN
Systems Coordinator, PALNI