From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Swauger,Shea
Sent: Wednesday, 18 December 2013 10:37 a.m.
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] Automated Embedded Metadata Extraction in Photographs: Possible or Pipedream?

Hi all,

I'm wondering if there is a systematic method that can extract metadata embedded in digital photographs and then ingest that metadata into a CMS and relate them to their corresponding images. We currently use DigiTool, if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

Shea Swauger
Data Management Librarian
Colorado State Univeristy