On Dec 4, 2013, at 10:29 PM, Corey A Harper <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Have you had a look at Ed Chamberlain's work on COMET:
> https://github.com/edchamberlain/COMET
>
> It's been a while since I've run this, but if I remember correctly, it was
> fairly "easy-to-use".

Thank you for the pointer. I downloaded the COMET “suite”, and got good output, but only after I enhanced/tweaked the source code to require the Perl Encode module:

  ./marc2rdf_batch.pl pamphlets.marc

The result was a huge set of triples saved as RDF/Turtle. I then used a Java archive (RDF2RDF [0]) to painlessly convert the Turtle to RDF/XML. The process worked. It was “easy” more me, sort of, but it employes quite a number of sophisticated and underlying technologies. I could integrate everything into a whole, but… On to explore other options.

[1] RDF2RDF - http://www.l3s.de/~minack/rdf2rdf/

—
Sleepless In South Bend