On Dec 5, 2013, at 3:07 AM, Christian Pietsch <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> you seem to have missed the Catmandu tutorial at SWIB13. Luckily there
> is a basic tutorial and a demo online: http://librecat.org/

I did attend SWIB13, and I really wanted to go to the Catmandu workshop, but since I’m a Perl “affectionato" I figured I could play with it later on my own. Instead I attended the workshop on provenance. (Travelogue is pending.)

In any event, playing with the Catmandu demo was insightful. [1] I see and understand the workflow: import data, fix it, store it, fix it, export it. I see how it is designed to use many import and export formats. The key to the software seems to be two-fold: 1) the ability to read and write Perl programs, and 2) understanding Catmandu’s “fix” language. There are great possibilities here for us Perl folks. Thank you for re-brining it to my attention.

[1] demo - http://demo.librecat.org

—
Eric Lease Morgan