On Dec 5, 2013, at 11:17 AM, Mark A. Matienzo <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>> I’m hoping to articulate and implement a simple and functional method for
>> exposing EAD and MARC metadata as linked data.
>
> Isn't the point of this to expose archival description as linked data? What
> about description maintained in applications like a collection management
> system, say, ArchivesSpace or Archivists' Toolkit?

Good question! At the very least, these applications (ArchivesSpace, Archivists’ Toolkit, etc.) can regularly and systematically export their data as EAD, and the EAD can be made available as linked data. It would be ideal if the applications where to natively make their metadata available as linked data, but exporting their content as EAD is a functional stopgap solution. —Eric Morgan