In ruby, there's the ffaker gem (https://github.com/EmmanuelOga/ffaker), which itself is a port of Perl's Data::Faker.

-Sean
From: Code for Libraries [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Pottinger, Hardy J. [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Saturday, December 07, 2013 11:51 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] Lorem Ipsum metadata? Is there such a thing?

Hi, I asked this on Google Plus earlier today, but I figured I'd better
take this question here: my brain is trying to tell me that there's a
service or app that makes "fake" metadata, kind of like "Lorem Ipsum" but
you feed it your fields and it gives you nonsense metadata back. But, it
looks right enough for testing. Yesterday, I had to make up about 50 rows
of fake metadata to test some code that handles paging in a UI, and I had
to make it all up by hand. This hurts my soul. Someone please tell me such
a service exists, and link me to it, so I never have to do this again. Or
else, I may just make such a service, to save us all. But I don't want to
go coding some new service if it already exists, because that sort of
thing is for chumps.

--
HARDY POTTINGER <[log in to unmask]>
University of Missouri Library Systems