Not a naive idea at all. If you have the stomach for it, you could extract the Subject Heading / Dewey combinations out of say the LC Catalog MARC data [1] to use as training data for some kind of clustering [2] algorithm. You might even be able to do something simple like keep a count of the Dewey ranges associated with each subject heading.

I’m kind of curious myself, so I could work on getting the subject heading / dewey combinations if you want?

//Ed

[1] https://archive.org/details/marc_records_scriblio_net
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cluster_analysis