know any folks w/ Google Maps API skills looking for an odd job? pls. fwd

thanks!

=Derek

*JavaScript / Google Maps API V.3 Programming Job : Wolfsonian – FIU
(www.wolfsonian.org <http://www.wolfsonian.org>)*

We are putting together a site to provide public access to the
high-resolution digital image of a painting called the Menneske Pyramide
[Human Pyramid], by Harald Rudyard Engman, created in Copenhagen, Denmark
in 1941.
http://www.wolfsonian.org/explore/collections/menneske-pyramide-human-pyramid

This painting (which is part of our permanent collection) is full of
socio-political messages relating to Denmark's unfortunate involvement in
WWII. Many of the figures depicted in the painting are caricatures or
likenesses of figures from Danish history and mythology as well as current
political and cultural figures from the early part of the 20th century. In
the past some curators and researchers have identified some of these
figures and we are hoping to utilize the knowledge of the crowd to fill in
some more of the blanks.

To this end we have created a prototype site that uses the custom map
feature of the Google Maps API v.3 which allows most web browsers quick and
smooth zooming and panning of this near-gigapixel image. Rudimentary coding
has placed some permanent map-pin markers with pop-up info boxes containing
text annotations for the figures we have already identified.

What we need from you:

We want the public version to allow people to contribute annotations by
dragging a new marker-pin onto the image and then entering text in that
marker’s info box – this annotation would be submitted to a moderation
queue and if approved would show up on the public version for all to see.
How this is managed is up to you as long as it’s easily sustainable by our
staff – google docs or fusion tables is fine – we are open to suggestions.

Please contact Derek Merleaux [[log in to unmask]] – we are seeking
direct contacts from coders only please, no solicitations on behalf of
third-parties, also you must be willing and able to become an approved
vendor to Florida International University [details:
http://finance.fiu.edu/purchasing/2vendor_forms.html]