Hi CODE4LIB,

we would like to add DDC classes to a bunch of MARC records, which contains only LoC Subject Headings.
Does anybody know, if a mapping between LCSH and DDC is anywhere existent (and available)?

I understood, that WebDewey http://www.oclc.org/dewey/versions/webdewey.en.html  might provide such a service, but

·         we are no OCLC customers or subscribers to WebDewey

·         even if we were, I'm not sure, if the service matches our needs

I'm thinking of a tool, where I can upload my list of subject headings and get back a list, where the matching Dewey classes have been added (but a 'simple' csv file with LCSH terms and DDC classes would be helpful as well- I am fully aware, that neither LCSH nor DDC are simple at all...) . Naïve idea...?

Thanks for any clues,
Irina

-------

Irina Arndt