I've did some mining of DDC/LCSH correlations from the scriblio.net LC
files (Dec 2006 - ~ 7m records)  as an experiment a long time ago; I should
see if I can find the right repo.

I was looking at 1st 6XX <->  082 associations as evidence for or against
LCSH syndetic structure.  I didn't do anything with LCC, as at the time
there wasn't even partial open LCC information available, and the
randomness of the coding of the LCC hierarchy needs the class specific
decoder rings.  I didn't do any intelligent decomposition of subdivisions
on either side, but the results weren't as far off  as I thought they would
be.

The classification is supposed to map to the first subject heading, which
simplifies learning. This dataset is very tractable, although binary
classifiers aren't a good fit.

 I would suggest that Irina ask someone in  Gerhard Weikumhe's group or any
contacts in the DFKI LT group if they have something that could be tweaked
quickly to learn the structured mappings.

Simon