Hi Kathryn,

Right now the WARC format is considered the best preservation format for
websites/social media, in terms of digital archives. It is our best guess
right now. It will likely will be with us for a long time, because it has
been adopted by most of the major players.

The way I have seen WARCs served up is through Wayback, the manual version
of the Internet Archive's Wayback machine.
http://archive-access.sourceforge.net/projects/wayback/index.html

I have only used Heritrix and Wayback together, so I haven't played with
Wayback and WARCs made another way.

I would stick with WARC in terms of preservation, access is another
story...that would depend on budget, time, etc.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Lisa
--