As an archivist, I don't see any problem using a PDF. Technically it should
be a PDF-A, but realistically it is usually a PDF.

I have done projects where I used PDFs for the archiving of full websites.
It can be quite handy, depending on needs of course. Sometimes it works
with the look and feel/design, and sometimes it doesn't. Content is pretty
good usually, in my experience.

Do a test and see whether your site crashes your Adobe product...sometimes
the code, special effects or just size can crash it without a PDF being
made...Plus look at the levels you want captured, that can also cause a
mess too.

Cheers

Lisa

--