If it's doable, I think preserving the whole enchilada is desirable.  For
instance, at my last library, there was a regular assignment where students
needed the print version of old periodicals because they were tasked with
analysing the ads and layouts.  Someone might be interested in web layouts
from the 2000s, and there might be content (again, ads, but also masthead
logos, ???) that might not otherwise be captured.

Andrew

--
Andrew Darby
Head, Web & Emerging Technologies