No need for a module -- that would be using a chain saw to cut butter.

To return to an earlier suggestion, this is precisely where just retrieving
something via good ol' http is easiest. An OAI-PMH request is just a
request that looks exactly like the output from a really simple HTML form.
This means you can use the same syntax to get the data directly. For
example, to get a single record, all you need to do is something like:

http://drl.ohsu.edu/oai/oai.php?verb=GetRecord&identifier=oai:drl.ohsu.edu:hom%2F0&metadataPrefix=oai_dc(the
request could be POSTed too, but why bother?)

If you want all the metadata from all the records, just use use something
like:

http://drl.ohsu.edu/oai/oai.php?verb=ListRecords&set=hom&metadataPrefix=oai_dc

You'll need to deal with resumption tokens, but they're brain dead to
extract and use since they're just opaque strings that appear in
<resumptionToken> tags e.g.:

http://drl.ohsu.edu/oai/oai.php?verb=ListRecords&resumptionToken=hom:200:hom:0000-00-00:9999-99-99:oai_dc

If you're just getting into perl, I'd recommend becoming familiar with LWP
if you aren't already. Easy to use and very handy.

kyle