[please excuse the repetition if you've seen this on other lists]

Hi,

I have uploaded [1] version 1.0.2 of the Perl module MARC::File::XML
to CPAN. This is a security release that repairs an XML external
entity (XXE) vulnerability.  I recommend that all users of
MARC::File::XML upgrade promptly, particularly if the use is via a web
application that accepts MARCXML input.

Here is the change log entry:

1.0.2 Tue Jan 21 17:18:37 UTC 2014
       - MARC::File::XML will now die upon parsing a record that
         declares an external entity and tries to use it. This
         prevents the potential unwanted disclosure of the contents
         of files on the server by applications that embed this module.
         If, for some reason, an application needs to process MARCXML
         records that contain external entities, set_parser() can be
         used to force the use of an XML::LibXML parser that is
         configured to process external entities.

         The issue was reported by John Lightsey.

[1] https://metacpan.org/release/GMCHARLT/MARC-XML-1.0.2

Regards,

Galen
--