Sr. Front-end Developer
bepress
Berkeley, CA

**About us**

The mission of bepress (www.bepress.com) is to help scholars maximize the
impact of their work. Our flagship product, Digital
Commons, is the world's leading digital repository and online publishing
platform for academic institutions. We
support over 300 academic libraries and thousands of individual scholars and
researchers in their efforts to showcase and share their
work. Bepress has been accelerating the pace of scholarly
exchange since 1999 through solutions to support open-access publishing.

**About the role**
This is an opportunity to re-envision a product as we implement our next
generation open, service-oriented architecture. You will be a part of a team
responsible for both transforming our platform while continuing to provide
value to our subscribers. We are looking for a senior level developer/designer
with hands-on technical skills: someone who has the conviction of a web
standards evangelist and the backbone to play ball with our programmers.

Are you obsessed with web standards, accessibility, typography, and grids? Can
you translate your elegant designs into compliant and semantic HTML? Can you
deploy CSS architectures across products and domains? Can you run quality
assurance on the output from both our programmers and our non-technical
staff? If so, we want to talk to you. Bonus points if you
have experience designing for mobile first and know your way around
javascript.

Please show us your work! You can include a link to your portfolio or send a
PDF.

This is a full time, on-site position.

Responsibilities

  * Help define the information architecture of new products
  * Follow best practices for design and user experience for all products
  * Create design artifacts to support brisk, productive cross-functional exploration, prioritization and usability assessments
  * Develop high-performance, and scalable front-end code to realize complex visual designs and interactions while staying true to the creative vision
  * Collaborate with product management, engineers, and other stakeholders to both align and execute on company and customer goals
  * Maintain expertise in evolving UI technologies

Position Requirements

  * 5+ years front-end software development experience
  * Expert knowledge of front-end technologies; DOM, HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, web frameworks such as Bootstrap, LESS, XML
  * Strong knowledge of JavaScript frameworks (JQuery, YUI, AngularJS)
  * Knowledge of web development frameworks such as Django or Template Toolkit
  * Professional experience using code repositories such as SVN or GIT
  * Professional experience with Scrum
  * Strong knowledge of visual design principles
  * Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative suite, and wireframing software such as Axure or Balsamiq.
  * Excellent verbal and written communication skills

Candidate Characteristics

  * Creative
  * Bright, quick and structured thinker
  * Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
  * A positive attitude with a good sense of humor
  * Driven and direct

Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/11773/