EZProxy is a proxy for use with vendors that have products gateway'd by
IP address. It allows users who are off-campus to access resources that
are locked down by IP address as though the user was on campus. It does
deep-packet inspection to write URLs and javascript, facing DNS stuff, etc.

It's a product from OCLC, see http://www.oclc.org/en-US/ezproxy.html

cheers
stuart