Web Developer
University of New Brunswick
Fredericton

UNB's Harriet Irving Library, Fredericton, invites applications for the
position of Web Developer. The Systems
Group at the University of New Brunswick Libraries has an opening for a Web
Developer to join our dynamic and enthusiastic team. We are a small group of
talented people responsible for all aspects of the UNB Libraries IT systems.
This is a field undergoing tremendous change and presents many opportunities
for innovation.

Our projects include everything from designing and building standalone web
applications for new digitization initiatives to supporting cloud-based
library administrative software. Our goal is to provide leading edge and
innovative solutions using the latest technologies and standards, built on a
strong usability and accessibility foundation. The successful candidate will
work with a Senior Developer under the guidance of a Solutions Architect, but
will be expected to propose their own solutions and ideas to the team.

**Representative Responsibilities:**

  * Develop, test, and maintain Drupal components in support of digital collections.
  * Build new Drupal based projects and web sites.
  * Migration of older web sites to current standards to improve functionality and security.
  * Build custom applications in support of Library related processes.
  * Keep abreast of IT security issues.
  * Perform other duties as assigned

**Requirements:**

  * A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. A minimum of two years of work in the computing field.
  * Experience with LAMP architecture web development and Drupal or other content management systems.
  * Experience with web technologies: PHP, HTML, CSS, JavaScript/JQuery/AJAX.
  * Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining open source software.
  * Exposure to version control using git.
  * Must work effectively in a collaborative team of developers.
  * Must be self-motivated, and able to work independently as well as under direct supervision.
  * Must take initiative and apply creativity when approaching challenges.
  * Able to communicate effectively within a development team and with non-technical external stakeholders.
  * Must have good written and oral communication skills.
  * This full-time (36.25 hpw) position is in the Professional and Technical Staff Union employment group. The salary is $41,921 - $54,499 per annum (a market differential may apply).

Applications, including resume, for competition **#118-13.14-CB** should be
submitted by **February 7, 2014 4:30PM** to:

Human Resources & Organizational Development

University of New Brunswick

P. O. Box 4400

Fredericton, NB

E3B 5A3

Fax: (506) 453-4611

Email: [log in to unmask]

For further information please visit our website at:
[http://www.unb.ca/postings](http://www.unb.ca/postings)

We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those
selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications
will be accepted until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.

The University of New Brunswick is committed to the principle of employment
equity.

Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/11591/