Hi-

We actually have implemented the original question above with some shell
scripts[1] for harvesting, and creating SIPs. The SIPs are then ingested
into our Islandora instance with the Web ARChive Solution Pack[2] as
AIPs. DIPs are also available via our local Wayback instance[3], and on
an given object page.

For example, here is the crawl of YFile from December 26, 2013 in
Islandora[4] with associated derivatives, and here it is rendered in our
local Wayback[5].

If you're curious about the Islandora Web ARChive Solution Pack, I have
written up a couple posts on it[6][7].

...and as always, if you notice that I'm doing something wrong, let me
know, or fork and contribute!

cheers!

-nruest

[1] https://github.com/yorkulibraries/yudl-web-archiving