The missing formats are missing because they were never defined in the
OpenURL standard. There is a registry of formats [1] that was designed
to be updatable, although few updates have been done. I worked on the
document type standards that are there today, and would happily help
develop additional types if we can get some assurance that they could be
added to the standard. I honestly do not know what mechanism exists for
adding new types, but if anyone is interested we could ping the
appropriate folks at OCLC and see.

kc
[1]
http://alcme.oclc.org/openurl/servlet/OAIHandler?verb=ListRecords&metadataPrefix=oai_dc&set=Core:Metadata+Formats