Senior Web/Interaction Designer
bepress
Berkeley

**About us**

The mission of bepress (www.bepress.com) is to help scholars maximize the
impact of their work. Our flagship product, Digital
Commons, is the world's leading digital repository and online publishing
platform for academic institutions. We
support over 300 academic libraries and thousands of individual scholars and
researchers in their efforts to showcase and share their
work. Bepress has been accelerating the pace of scholarly
exchange since 1999 through providing solutions to support open-access
publishing.

**About the role**

This is an opportunity to re-envision a product as we implement our next
generation open, service-oriented architecture. You will be a part of a team
responsible for both transforming our platform while continuing to provide
value to our subscribers. We are looking for a senior level designer with
hands-on technical skills: someone who has the conviction of a web standards
evangelist and the backbone to play ball with our programmers.

Are you obsessed with clean interactive web pages? Do you have the chops to
translate your elegant designs into compliant and semantic typographic grids?
Can you optimize and deploy CSS architectures across several products and
hundreds of domains? Can you run quality assurance on the output from both our
programmers and our non-technical staff? If so, we want to
talk to you. Bonus points if you have experience designing for mobile first
and know your way around javascript.

Please, show us your work! You can include a link to your portfolio or send a
PDF.

This is a full time, on-site position.

Responsibilities

• Help define the information architecture of new products.

• Follow best practices for design and user experience for all products.

• Create design artifacts to support brisk, productive cross-functional
exploration, prioritization and usability assessments.

• Collaborate with product management, engineers, and other stakeholders to
both align and execute on company and customer goals.

• Maintain current knowledge of web design trends.

Position Requirements

• 5+ years web software design experience.

• Deep understanding of web standards and accessibility.

• Expert knowledge of front-end technologies; HTML5, CSS3,
Bootstrap/Foundation, LESS/Sass.

• Strong knowledge of visual design principles.

• Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative suite, and wire-framing software such as
Axure or Balsamiq.

• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.

• Experience with Django a plus

You are

• Creative.

• Bright, quick and a structured thinker.

• A natural collaborator with strong interpersonal skills.

• Positive with a good sense of humor.

• Driven and direct.

Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/12001/