Hi Ed,
I only have a second to respond, but we have digital content available
in our Finding Aids site.  You can view images (microfiche style),
browse thumbnails, or download a PDF. Unfortunately, we don't have a
"viewer" for AV content at the moment, but do link out to the files when
we can.  We also would like to add some zoom capabilities to images (via
OpenSeadragon and Loris) when we get a chance.

Here's a recent addition:
http://findingaids.princeton.edu/collections/MC019/c00010

Some components can have hundreds of pages, so we lazy load the
thumbnails as you can see here by selecting "View Images > Browse
Thumbnails":
http://findingaids.princeton.edu/collections/AC044/c0002

We also have an "Online Access" facet, though it could be more visible...

Let me know if you have any questions,
Shaun

--
Shaun Ellis
User Interface Developer, Digital Initiatives