Just an FYI: replies to the prepared talk proposals were e-mailed last week.  Please check your junk mail and/or contact me if you didn’t receive an e-mail.  (One case has been discovered already where an e-mail was not sent.)

There were 67 proposed prepared talks this year and only 23 slots in the schedule.  As part of a new procedure this year, the program committee accepted the top 10 talks as voted on by the Code4Lib community, then reviewed the remaining talks to accept the next 13 based on community vote and factors such as institution type, geography, presenter experience diversity, and gender.  Speaking only for myself on the program committee, I think this process went well and I’m grateful the community allowed the committee to exercise this capability.

We are working on the final grouping and slotting of the talks now, and we are on track to post it prior to the start of conference registration next week.

Peter
--
Peter Murray
Assistant Director, Technology Services Development