Very cool, did not consider these approaches but they are worth looking into. Out of curiosity, would there be good recommendations if we were to forego the touch screen requirement? Just plain ole' dumb mouse and keyboard?

Thanks again,
drew

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Derek Merleaux
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 3:27 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] Digital Collections Browser Kiosk Software Options

On a similar note to Sam's suggestion, I saw a demo by Open Exhibits http://openexhibits.org/category/software/ of their multi-touch image browser - they just released a new version of their open-source sdk that allows use of the Leap Motion controller (or several of them for more
users) - that way you can use a less expensive non-touch screen and get the same or better effect. Been meaning to try this out but the time it keeps getting away from me. Would love to hear of someone making it work.
-Derek

Derek Merleaux
@dmer