Archive Engine West http://hero.village.virginia.edu/nwda/ includes EAD
with direct links to digital content as well as a way to search digital
content directly that links back to finding aids.

If you want a quick example of a search that illustrates the process, just
type in "lovejoy." This brings up a number of items from the Esther Pohl
Lovejoy Papers. When you click on the collection, you can see all the items
in the collection.

Or just type in any search. On the left in the list of facets, you can
limit by collection (i.e. EAD, repository, or whatever).

Note that this tool indexes digital content that is not necessarily
associated with a finding aid.

kyle