The OCLC Developer Network is offering a free webinar, Web Service Keys for APIs<http://oc.lc/5MsuH8> Tuesday, January 7 at 11am EST. We will provide an overview of our API key system and the principles and implementation of the digital signatures that anchor the OCLC Web Service Key (WSKeys) infrastructure. We will walk through a code example that demonstrates how individual requests to web services are digitally signed.

We will also talk about where our WSKey infrastructure is heading in the future to allow users to sign in to OCLC services through an OAuth 2 implementation. Finally, we will provide sample code via Github that can be used in your own projects or act as a reference implementation for your own authentication code.

In describing our implementation we will provide an overview of how we chose to deal with many of the issues surrounding API keys that were discussed in the recent code4lib thread The lie of the API<https://listserv.nd.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=code4lib;76426957.1311>.

Registration is now open<http://oc.lc/5MsuH8>.

Shelley

Shelley Hostetler
Community Manager, WorldShare Platform
OCLC | 6565 Kilgour Place, Dublin, Ohio 43017
Phone: 847 701 8932
Email: [log in to unmask]<applewebdata:[log in to unmask]>
Skype: shelley_hostetler
http://www.oclc.org/developer