Dear colleagues,

I'm writing to invite your participation in a digital media art preservation project currently underway at Cornell University.  This project aims to develop scalable preservation strategies for complex, interactive, born-digital media artworks, using the collections of Cornell's Rose Goldsen Archive of New Media Art as a test bed.

In developing a preservation framework that will address the needs of the broadest range of archive users, we seek the input of artists, researchers, educators, curators, and others who work with interactive digital artworks and artifacts.  Would you please take a few minutes to respond to this questionnaire<https://cornell.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_6mPEBGQWr2K4nmR> about your practices? (https://cornell.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_6mPEBGQWr2K4nmR)  Depending on your responses, we estimate that this questionnaire will take 10-25 minutes to complete.

Information about questionnaire results will be published and made available to the broader media archives community.  Read more about this preservation initiative here<http://news.cornell.edu/stories/2013/02/humanities-grant-helps-library-preserve-digital-art>, or feel free to contact me at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> for more information.

Many thanks for your help with this investigation, and apologies for any cross-postings.

Yours on behalf of the project team,

Madeleine Casad
Associate Curator, The Rose Goldsen Archive of New Media Art
Curator for Digital Scholarship, DSPS
Cornell University Library