I've used both Camtasia and SnagIt and I like both well enough. SnagIt is
cheap and dead simple for the screen capturing process; not a lot of bells
and whistles but I don't need / want those. I've also used a lot of video
editing tools (since SnagIt doesn't have much itself) and these days mostly
just use Windows Movie Maker or equivalent free tool.