Hi everyone

Thanks for raising this question and for the interesting responses. Any
good sources for doing the same with e-books? Not merely mass-market
e-books (some can be found via addall and the like, see also this thread
for more hints
http://ebooks.stackexchange.com/questions/891/are-there-any-ebook-search-engines),
but library e-books such as available on ebrary, myIlibrary and the like?

Vendors of these platforms all seem to have come to the bizarre conclusion
than defining new, platform-specific, ISBNs for these titles was a good
idea. The (intended?) result is that title-matching and price comparison is
frustratingly difficult. In my experience, ISBN APIs such as the ones
discussed here http://journal.code4lib.org/articles/8715 often don't
recognize "eISBNs".

Any ideas?

Thomas