The SHared Access Research Ecosystem (SHARE)--a joint initiative of the
Association of Research Libraries (ARL), the Association of American
Universities (AAU), and the Association of Public and Land-grant
Universities (APLU)--today
released<http://www.arl.org/news/arl-news/3117-share-releases-notification-system-project-plan>the
SHARE
Notification System Project Plan
(PDF)<http://www.arl.org/storage/documents/publications/share-notification-system-project-plan.pdf>.
This plan describes a first step for SHARE, one that would increase our
awareness of research output emerging from our universities and other
research centers. Making this notification system a reality will be the
work of an open source development project, so you can expect to hear more
about this in the coming weeks and months.

For more information about the project, visit the SHARE
webpage<http://www.arl.org/focus-areas/public-access-policies/shared-access-research-ecosystem-share>or
follow SHARE
on Twitter <https://twitter.com/SHARE_research>.

And, yes, for those of you keeping track, this is the more formal
announcement of the same plan that I accidentally broadcast to C4L last
week. As I said last week, I'd love any feedback you may have.

Thanks,
...Eric

Eric Celeste / [log in to unmask] / 651-323-2009