Hi, everyone!

I've gotten clearance to totally rewrite my library's website in the
framework/CMS of my choice (pretty much :)). As I have said on numerous
occasions, "If I can get paid to write Python, I want to do that!" So,
after some discussion with my department head/sysadmin, we're leaning
toward Django.

Here's a broad question, re: Python and Django: If you've made the switch,
what has your experience been? Has Django (or any other Python framework)
given you something cool that was lacking in your previous
language/framework/CMS? Has it helped you build something awesome? Have you
found it enabling or limiting in any way? If you were going to sell people
on (or against) using it, what would your arguments be? I'm a relative
newbie to Python, and a total newbie to Django, so even if there was a
tutorial you found useful, or some caveat you learned along the way, I'm
interested. :)

And then a more specific question: Given the following requirements, do you
have a Django-based CMS you'd recommend? (Of course, I'll also do my own
research, but I'd love to see what other libraries' experiences have been
and what's popular, right now.)
 * There's a chance we'll want to offer other editors access to it, at some
point, so it would be nice if I can provide a WYSIWYG interface, which I
also am going to want the option to *turn off*, for my own sanity.
* We're a Springshare-heavy library with Summon and big secret API-based
plans, so easy JavaScript (preferably jQuery) integration is a must.
* It should play nicely with MySQL.
* Because I probably won't be here forever, it's of the utmost importance
that whatever we end up with is easy to maintain.
* I'm used to MODx's page-ID model, where I can move pages around, and as
long as I don't delete/recreate a page (thereby changing its ID), I don't
have to change any links anywhere else in the CMS. I'd really like
something that will work equally well, since the odds that I'll nail the
information architecture on the first try are probably slim. :) (Maybe this
one should go without saying, since I know WordPress and many other CMSs do
this, but if you have to err, err on the side of being explicit, right?)
* A nice forms-builder plugin (module?) would be a great thing to have, as
well. We use FormIt in MODx, and now I'm spoiled.

And, I mean, if there's a CMS on top of another Python framework you think
I should be considering, feel free to throw that out as a possibility, too!

Thank you!

--
Coral Sheldon-Hess
http://sheldon-hess.org/coral