If you're new to python and django there will be a steep learning curve for
you, but probably a much steeper one for people after you who may not do
python at all.  Drupal and Wordpress are limited, but non-technical
librarians can still get in pretty easy to fix typos and add links at
least..  Codecademy has a decent intro python course:
http://www.codecademy.com/tracks/python
Udemy has a few python courses with some django as well.

A big reason why I've been learning django is to try to understand how our
library can work with the various DH projects that use our collections. If
we need to at some point take on permanent ownership of these projects or
if we want to develop them further, a basic familiarity on the part of our
library staff seems like a good idea.