Hi everyone,

I'm studying at the Faculty of IT at Monash University in Melbourne,
Australia, currently for a masters degree in IT.
My research interest is in the applications of data mining and information
retrieval in education and for my masters
thesis I chose to investigate ways to personalise library search results
for coursework students.
My procedure is based on getting query-dependent results from Monash
Library Exlibris Primo as complete records (i.e
with metadata) and work from there to enhance the degree of relevance.

In order for me to test my hypothesis I need to be able to use the API and
fetch query-dependent results.
I've asked for access from Monash Library but it is somehow taking so long!
I was told that the API is
restricted by the IP and that it is not likely I will be granted access.
Well, I'm wondering if you could perhaps direct me to
any educational library where Primo is used, preferably university library,
and of which I can obtain an access to the API. If that is not likely to
happen (or not possible in a limited time frame) I'd alternatively change
my testing environment and look for another digital library system that can
be easily accessed through a flexible API. I'll be glad to hear from you!
It's a very important step in my research and any insights or
recommendation will be highly appreciated.

Thanks all,

Cheers,
Marwa