This generally agrees with what I have found[1]. That is, if a second
indicator of '0' exists, then it is fairly likely the URL will lead you to
the full item. However, unfortunately an indicator of '1' is ambiguous, so
it's possible you will be leaving a lot behind if you rely on that solely.
It sure makes for easier code, though, no doubt.

Also, if people were more interested generally in what is in various 856
subfields for book/journal MARC records, they can refer to my "MARC Usage
in WorldCat" work[2]. It can be amusing, at least, if not instructive.
Roy

[1] http://roytennant.com/proto/856/analysis.html
[2] http://experimental.worldcat.org/marcusage/856.html